Monday 11 January 2016

Differ Web Design Vs. Web Development

What do you do?

For Patrick Haney, that question is a little more complicated.

“By day, I’m a designer and developer hybrid working on client projects through Hanerino,1 a two-person, design studio his wife began two years ago,” he says. “We take on a wide range of work including web 
design and web development, user experience design for apps and mobile as well as many other design projects.”

When he is not working on contract projects he teaches web development and graphic design classes as an adjunct 
instructor at the CDIA.2



In high school, Haney tried “every programming language he could get his hands on,” and so, naturally, he enrolled as a computer science major in college. It wasn’t long before he realized that he needed a balance of web 
development and web design and changed majors.

“My first few jobs out of college were development focused, and while I really enjoyed what I was doing, I felt it 
was lacking something,” he says. “Eventually, as I began to write more HTML and CSS, I realized that the design 
side of the web was really intriguing. The ability to make something work, but then to make it enjoyable to use, 
that’s where I found my passion.”

No comments:

Post a Comment